International Students

The Acting Corps

The Acting corps is authorized to enroll foreign students. Those applying for The Professional Program will receive the I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for their M1 student visa.

There are two kinds of international students who attend a Los Angeles acting school. Some just want to be in Los Angeles so that they can enjoy the perfect weather and the many opportunities to have a good time and maybe even meet a celebrity or two.  And there’s nothing wrong with that – there are many Los Angeles acting schools you can attend if you’re just looking for a place to rest between going to the beach and night club hopping.

And then there is the other kind of international student who attends a Los Angeles acting school. This international student actually wants to learn the craft of acting from Hollywood professionals because Hollywood is the birth place and home of the best film acting in the world. Sure, it’s beautiful here and there is much fun to be had, but this kind of student comes here to learn a craft and become EXPERT at it.

It’s important to know which kind of student you are and why you come here. We, at The Acting Corps, prefer the kind of student who takes full advantage of all that Los Angeles and Hollywood have to offer but also cares about the craft of acting and plans to leave our school having learned the profession of acting.


What’s an I-20 and Do I Need One?

An I-20 is a form that The Acting Corps uses to prove to the U.S.

Government that you are eligible to get an M1 student visa.

How Do I Start the I-20 Application Process?

  1. Paying the Application Fee of $250 to The Acting Corps.
  2. Passing the Interview for The Professional Program and being admitted to The Acting Corps.
  3. Paying a $2500 deposit for The Professional Program.
  4. Providing The Acting Corps with evidence that you can afford the cost of living and going to our school for the duration of your program.
  5. Receiving the completed I-20 in the mail from The Acting Corps.

What do I do with the completed I20?

  1. Once you receive the I-20 in the mail, you need to immediately make an appointment with the closest U.S. embassy or consulate for an M1 Student Visa Interview.
  2. Fill out form I–901 and pay U.S. Government $200 online.
  3. Go to your interview with the U.S. embassy or consulate for your M1 visa. Once approved, you are free to travel to the United States for The Professional Program.

NOTE: Do not expect to be able to work in the United States once you are here. You may, however, work in your field of study at the completion of your course if you apply for Optional Practical Training.

For more information, here is the U.S. Department of Homeland Security page on Student Visas.